back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: original color for my MGB  (Read 129 times)

september2017

• An AMGBA Club Member
original color for my MGB
« on: September 24, 2017, 02:46:11 PM »
I recently purchased my first MG, a '69B. Is there a way to determine by VIN#, or other method, what the original color was. I am interested in restoration and would like to do it original...the car has been repainted at least once and I don't know if it is the same as the color it left the factory with. If it is the same I would like to know the "official" name of the paint and the appropriate numbers. Thanks in advance, Phil Nulty

amgba

• American MGB Association
  • AMGBA Club Administrator
Re: original color for my MGB
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »
You can obtain the history of your MG by writing to the British Motor Heritage  Trust. The production record trace is compiled by Andres Clausager, Heritage  Archivist, from the original MG factory records and verifies exactly the  authenticity of the vehicle to which it refers. Information provided depends  on what is available in the vehicle records. If available, it will include the car/chassis numbers, original engine and body numbers, the car specification,  original color, dates built and dispatched. The final destination, where  known, is also given, as are any other numbers and details of original  equipment. The information comes back to you on a certificate that can be  framed. The actual size of the certificate is about 12 inches by 8 inches. To  obtain your certificate, write directly to British Motor  Industry Heritage Trust, Heritage Motor Centre, Banbury Road, Gaydon, Warwick, CV35 OBJ, England,  U.K. Include all numbers that you have and the year and model of your MG. Telephone: 44 (0) 1926 645076, www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk.

The fee is  £ 42.00 (40 British pounds) made payable to “British Motor Industry Heritage Trust”.  They also accept credit cards.
American MGB Association
email: info@mgclub.org
ph.: 773-769-7084
fax: 773-769-3240

North America's oldest and largest club for all MGBs, MGB-GTs & Midgets.  A nonprofit organization founded in 1975 and offers color magazines, emagazines, technical advice, member recommendations on service shops, registration of your MG, a tradition of service & FREE member classified ads that appear in the magazine & on the website.

Perry69

• AMGBA Club Member
  • Memberhsip Number (if known):: 17-16179
Re: original color for my MGB
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 07:27:47 PM »
thank you for the info!

back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog