back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: Turn Signal Cancellation  (Read 550 times)

december2017

• Message Board Member not current AMGBA Club Member
Turn Signal Cancellation
« on: December 19, 2017, 05:47:25 PM »
My turn signal cancellation isn't working and mechanic #1 says there's a part missing that connects the (aftermarket wood) steering wheel to a plastic piece that cancels the blinker. In other words, he contends that the steering wheel mechanically causes the blinker to cancel via a piece attached to it.

But mechanic #2 says that the steering has nothing to do with cancelling the blinker. He recommends I remove the steering wheel then take off the clamshell plastic shroud and that is where the problem will be seen. He says (contrary to mechanic #1) there is no "piece" that connects the steering wheel to another part that cancels the blinker.

Clear as mud? Sorry if I'm making it confusing. I have photos.  I have since sorted this matter out.

Bruce
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by amgba »

JohnTwist

• AMGBA Club Tech Staff
    • University Motors
Re: Turn Signal Cancellation
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 06:03:49 PM »
My turn signal cancellation isn't working and mechanic #1 says there's a part missing that connects the (aftermarket wood) steering wheel to a plastic piece that cancels the blinker. In other words, he contends that the steering wheel mechanically causes the blinker
to cancel via a piece attached to it.

But mechanic #2 says that the steering has nothing to do with cancelling the blinker. He recommends I remove the steering wheel then take off the clamshell plastic shroud and that is where the problem will be seen. He says (contrary to mechanic #1) there is no "piece" that connects the steering wheel to another part that cancels the blinker.

Clear as mud? Sorry if I'm making it confusing. I have photos.  I have since sorted this matter out.

Bruce
SAFETY FAST!
John H Twist
University Motors Online
100 East Beltline Avenue SE
Grand Rapids, MI  49506

Office:  616-855-1684
Cell:  616-307-6737

johntwist@universitymotorsltd.com
www.universitymotorsltd.com

back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog