back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: Wire Wheel Hubs  (Read 229 times)

amgba

• American MGB Association
  • AMGBA Club Administrator
Wire Wheel Hubs
« on: May 06, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »
You have given me some real important information aiding me with the original equipment information that I could not find.
Attached are some pics of my project on my '69 B roadster..

M.Vanetten
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 06:42:08 PM by JohnTwist »
American MGB Association
email: info@mgclub.org
ph.: 773-769-7084
fax: 773-769-3240

North America's oldest and largest club for all MGBs, MGB-GTs & Midgets.  A nonprofit organization founded in 1975 and offers color magazines, emagazines, technical advice, member recommendations on service shops, registration of your MG, a tradition of service & FREE member classified ads that appear in the magazine & on the website.

JohnTwist

• AMGBA Club Tech Staff
    • University Motors
Re: Wire Wheel Hubs
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 06:44:59 PM »
Those hubs are most certainly on the wrong sides!   It’s a good thing the engine didn’t run or you would have taken it out and had one nasty surprise.

“Back in the day” when these cars were used for regular transport, we’d get a call every summer from one of the local tow truck companies looking for a spinner.  The wheel is often easy to find – the spinner all but impossible!  I’d say, “Towing it from the back end, were you?” 

We had a customer who couldn’t keep the spinners on his rear axle (he’d accidentally switched sides) so he drilled a hole through one of the ears and safety wired the spinner to a spoke.  Necessity is the mother of invention.

Good luck with the engine – and get those hubs swapped around!

SAFETY FAST!
John H Twist
SAFETY FAST!
John H Twist
University Motors Online
100 East Beltline Avenue SE
Grand Rapids, MI  49506

Office:  616-855-1684
Cell:  616-307-6737

johntwist@universitymotorsltd.com
www.universitymotorsltd.com

back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog