back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: Turn signals on '77 MGB  (Read 6664 times)

kensmith

Turn signals on '77 MGB
« on: September 18, 2006, 04:23:03 PM »
Left blinkers work fine front and back. Right blinkers work fine front and back but the left rear turn signal and running lamp weakly flash also. Have a new hazard switch, headlight switch and turn signal switch and have cleaned the ground wire's in the trunk (inside trunk behind license plate area).

Any Idea's

Ken  :(

Art

• chfwrench
  • AMGBA Club Tech Staff
  • Memberhsip Number (if known):: 91-10014
  • MG information: '73 red B roadster
Re: Turn signals on '77 MGB
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 01:47:06 AM »
Hi Ken,

With all that you've done you've covered most of the obvious culprits.  Also you should check the socket itself for corrosion, that the connections to the lamps are good, that it is wired correctly (switching the wires for the tail and signal lamps can slow it down) and that the lamp itself is the correct one.

Hope that helps you.  Good luck.

Art
Art Isaacs
AMGBA Tech Staff
chfwrench@aol.com

mgman2222

• Message Board Member but not an AMGBA Club Member
Re: Turn signals on '77 MGB
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 12:02:56 PM »
Hi:
I had the same type of problem.  However, my problem was related to an air conditioning unit.  I removed the air from the car and everything worked fine.  My problem must have been related to a massive energy drain from the air conditioning unit (1978 MGB).  Not sure if this helps but maybe it starts you in the right direction.
Al

back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog