back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: Replacement Tires  (Read 3087 times)

amgba

• American MGB Association
  • AMGBA Club Administrator
Replacement Tires
« on: October 25, 2012, 10:50:11 PM »
I installed Pirelli 175R14 tires on my 1979 MGB back in 1989. My wife likes to drive this car and she gets lots of compliments on its condition. The tires looked very good because the car doesnít get used that much. I thought they should be replaced due to their age. O course Pirelli doesnít make that size any longer and I couldnít find a tire locally that I could install that would allow the car to retain itís original look. I contacted Croker and they had a tire manufactured by Vredestein (Sprint 175R14). I bought five of them along with the tubes and had them shipped to my house. I just want to say that I am very happy with them.  They look great and the car has the proper stance. I have seen articles in the Octagon regarding tires, where to purchase, what size etc. One thing that drives up the cost on these is the shipping, but in my case it was worth it. The phone number for Croker is: 800-251-6336.

Lyle Abel

More tech items at www.mgclub.org/mgtech.htm and on our message board at http://board.amgba.com
American MGB Association
email: info@mgclub.org
ph.: 773-769-7084
fax: 773-769-3240

North America's oldest and largest club for all MGBs, MGB-GTs & Midgets.  A nonprofit organization founded in 1975 and offers color magazines, emagazines, technical advice, member recommendations on service shops, registration of your MG, a tradition of service & FREE member classified ads that appear in the magazine & on the website.

†† back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog